SIERRA LEONE MARITIME ADMINISTRATION (SLMA)
The Sierra Leone Maritime Administration (SLMA) is an autonomous body responsible for the registration of ships and other vessels, the licensing and safety of maritime personnel, protection of the marine environment and for the regulation and development generally of maritime, coastal and inland transport and for other matters connected therewith.
The Administration’s mission is to regulate and develop improved standards of performance, practice and safety in the shipping industry in Sierra Leone, including the inland waterways transportation and protection of the marine environment.
The Sierra Leone Maritime Administration (SLMA) hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Sierra Leoneans for the Position of Assistant Legal Officer.
Employment Status: Permanent
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Assitant Legal Officer will assist the Legal Officer to do the following:
- To assist the Executive Director in the domestication of International Maritime Conventions that Sierra Leone has ractified at the International Maritime Convention;
- Advise the Administration on the broad range of Maritime legal matters including company law, business law litigations and criminal prosecutions for domestic and international activities;
- To perform the roles and duties of company secretary and provide company secretariat services to the board;
- To gather evidence in civil and criminal and, other cases to formulate defence or initiate legal actions for the administration;
- Analyse the risks, exposure in the administration’s transanctions to avoid litigation and arbitration etc;
- Administer the preparation and execution of tenders and contracts for relevant divisions;
- LLB, BL
- Minimum 4 years similar industry experience
SLMA offers equal employment opportunity to employers and encourages qualified and competent Sierra Leoneans to apply.
Interested candidates may submit their applications, Curriculum Vitae, 2 Referees and relevant supporting documents, not later than Friday 29th November 2019 noon. Application should be addressed to the Director of Admin & Human Resources, Sierra Leone Maritime Administration, Government Wharf, Ferry Terminal, Freetown. Please indicate APPLICATION FOR ASSISTANT LEGAL OFFICER on the envelop.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.